Cheapest readable by iPhone chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest readable by iPhone chip

grekov_e
Contributor I

I am creating anti-counterfeiting solution that be able reading by iPhone.

I am looking for cheapest chip that is secure and readable by iPhone.

Now I use NTAG-424 - its good, but I am looking for cheapest solution.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

About the cost of the tag, it always depends on the quantity that will be bought and the commercial information will not be found here as the community it's focused on the technical matters of the NXP devices.

I believe you can check the rest of available tags in this link, and if you will be looking for a complete tag you can check the list of our RFID Ecosystem where you can find tag and reader manufacturers, solutions providers and system integrators around the world.

You can go also with a distributor in the Distributor Network | NXP that might help you with more commercial information.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

grekov_e
Contributor I

Hello!

Thank you for response.

Because I am not familiar with NFC technology, in this stage is not clear for me which parameters I have choose for solution that 

- clone-protected

- readable by iPhone

For example:

NTAG-215 provides NDEF SUN that readable by iPhone.

NTAG-215 has Memory Access protection. Is this feature makes NTAG-215 to clone-protected and verified by iPhone?

Maybe I have use only UID?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can try checking the NTAG21x to check the originality signature of the device. NTAG21x features a cryptographically supported originality check. With this feature, it is possible to verify with a certain confidence that the tag is using an IC manufactured by NXP Semiconductors. 

Each NTAG21x UID is signed with a NXP private key and the resulting 32-byte signature is stored in a hidden part of the NTAG21x memory during IC production.

Still, I believe that capabilities are not available for the iPhone so, the best choice for you would be the NTAG 424.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

grekov_e
Contributor I

Great! Thank you for response!

Now is the question: If I can access hidden part of the NTAG21x memory, may hacker access it? Is it locked by unique, per unit, password, or something like that ?

Where can I read about its security?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

All the information it's on the data sheet that you can find here. But, I would still recommend the NTAG 424 for your needs.

0 Kudos