AnsweredAssumed Answered

BSP (DTS) Editing on yocto

Question asked by Sergay Latushev on Aug 23, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2019 by gusarambula

Hello, at the moment I am at the stage of creating firmware for a device running and, imx7 using the e-ink screen. As reference boards there is a sabreboard from variscite(VAR-SOM-MX7 Evaluation Kits based on NXP i.MX 7 processor | Variscite ), and V5 (V5 System Board – E Ink Shop ). In addition to them, the layout of their own board ends. Now the task is to create firmware for V5 with a 4.14 linux kernel, for which I took the firmware for the variscite board as a basis, using the yocto builder. The assembly of this firmware starts on the V5 board, but the peripheral does not go through the initialization stage, stopping at the power button stage (logs of successful loading and dangling are attached). Now I am trying to fix the device tree by excluding this button (it is absent on V5) and turning on support for the controller here.
I am sure that my approach is not optimal, but so far I can not find more successful instructions. all that come across are based on a ready-made BSP.
---
Actually, I ask you to help with a link to a good instruction on creating or modifying a BSP, not in general terms of 10 pages, but in something more voluminous.
Also - I understand correctly that to solve this problem, in principle, I could just edit the DTS file and rebuild? (http://variwiki.com/index.php?title=Yocto_Build_Release&release=RELEASE_THUD_V1.0_VAR-SOM-MX7#Build_Results I take the distribution kit and instructions here)? And if so, which TPA? Those that I met and contain references to the power button, after changing and executing the command "bitbake linux-variscite -f -c deploy" + uploading files to the SD card did not have any effect (the last log was after this conversion).

Outcomes