Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SDRAM

Jump to solution
larsandersen
Contributor I

Hi

We have a problem with the SDRAM on our development board with an i.MXRT1062 MCU and an IS42S16160J SDRAM from ISSI that I cannot figure out. The problem is that data written to the SDRAM is written on 2 different locations with 128 bytes apart. E.g. if I write to address 8000_0000 then the data is written to address 8000_0080 too.

We have swapped the address pins on SDRAM as illustrated below. Is that a problem? What else could cause this problem?

pastedImage_1.png

I'm using the Device Configuration Data (DCD) from SDK version 2.6.2. Do I need to make any modifications to the DCD?

Regards,

Lars

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Of course, swapping the address signals of SDRAM is not allowed and causes the problem you describe. The address signals of the processor and SDRAM must be interconnected in strict order. So, fix it first.

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Of course, swapping the address signals of SDRAM is not allowed and causes the problem you describe. The address signals of the processor and SDRAM must be interconnected in strict order. So, fix it first.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos