AnsweredAssumed Answered

NTAG I2C plus explorer board to logic level converter

Question asked by Shaun Bouckaert on Aug 22, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2019 by IvanRuiz

I was trying to connect the antenna board from the explorer kit to a 5v Arduino using a logic level converter. I connected the pins to the low side of the converter with it set to 3V and the high side unconnected, which left the low side pulled high to 3v. When I tried communicating with it via NFC it could read the tag but could no longer write to it, including configuration values. This continued even after disconnecting it.

I found in the documentation the RF_LOCKED and I2C_LOCKED flags and I was wondering if one of these might have been set accidentally in hooking it up. If so, is there an easy way to reset this flag via the i2c connection from an arduino library? I found this one GitHub - LieBtrau/arduino-ntag: Arduino library to interface with the NXP NTAG (NT3H1101 and NT3H1201)  however I'm not sure if it's able to access the IC specific flags or if it just treats it as a standard i2c sram/eeprom device.

If I've potentially damaged it electronically, is there a safe way of hooking this up that I didn't follow? Is there some beginner mistake I've made that I can avoid in the future?

Outcomes