cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8QM MEK EVK doesn't boot on SD card

franck69
Contributor I

Hello,

I have an iMX8QM MEK EVK but the board doesn't boot on SD card, the USB port J17 is not detected and there is no output on serial debug ports.

It looks like the board is missing a boot loader or something, can you help me?

br,

Franck

0 Kudos
3 Replies

franck69
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your quick reply. I have the correct configuration for J18 and I can see a led flashing every time I press a key so there is some kind of communication at least between the FTDI chip and Putty but I don't see any output from the board so I assume the board is missing a boot loader or something else? I have 2 serial ports detected by the way.

The SD card is formatted following the instructions from here :Get Started with the MCIMX8M-EVK | NXP , I have just replaced imx8mq by imx8qm. I'm using Android Auto p9.0.0-2.1.1.

I have verified the switch on SW2, I have tried SD (3 and 4 ON) and I have also tried serial boot without any success.

I'm in contact with an FAE so I will ask him then.

Br,

Franck

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Franck,

The two serial ports detected on the board are one for Cortex-A and other for Cortex-M of the SoC, so, it is also recommended opening both serial ports when booting to verify where is printed the serial terminal (host PC assigns the COM port at any order).

Additionally, a SD card prepared for a i.MX8M will not boot on a i.MX8QM, they have different boot process. You will need to create a bootable SD card specifically for the i.MX8QM.
Finally, Android Auto is supported under Professional Services scheme. You could refer to the following link for additional details:

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Franck,

Have you verified the SD card is properly flashed? Did you check the boot switches (SW2)?  Is the serial console configured to 115200 bps (J18)?

The i.MX8QM is still on preproduction. Are you in contact with any FAE/Distributor?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos