cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weston dma buffer leaks on imx8mq/imx8mm

asabil
Contributor I

Hi,

We are encountering a dma buffer leak with Weston on both imx8mq and imx8mm. The issue was initially thought to be linked to the open-source application (cog) that was used on top of Weston, but according to the developers this issue lies with the Vivante driver used in the imx series.

More information regarding the leak can be found here: File descriptor leak · Issue #87 · Igalia/cog · GitHub 

What makes us believe that this is indeed a driver issue is the fact that we see many "VFS: Close: file count is 0" entries in the kernel log.

Any pointers at how we could fix/troubleshoot this issue further?

Thanks,

Ali

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

dennisjohansson
Contributor I

Hi!

We have the same issue.

Ive tried the warrior and the sumo branch. And most version of wpe webkit / cog.

I wonder if the problem is in the libEGL driver?

Please give this priority. We need this to work to be able to migrate to imx8.

Regards,

Dennis Johansson

0 Kudos

kinescope311
Contributor I

Hello,

is there any news concerning this issue, has a fix been issued since ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos

asabil
Contributor I

Hi again,

As expected this patch doesn't resolve the problem for us. We still see "VFS: Close: file count is 0" log entries in the kernel log, and still experience file descriptor leaks.

0 Kudos

asabil
Contributor I

Thank you! We will test these patches and report back with the results.

However, looking at the patch, I am skeptical if this will help in any way. This patch only fixes a minor memory leak related to the parsing of the Weston.ini config. How could that be related to dma buffer leaks?

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try attached patch.

0 Kudos

AchimKanert1
Contributor II

Hello,

are there any news regarding this issue? This problem seems to be still present in the Vivante libraries.

Regards,

Achim Kanert