Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual display on iMX8MQ EVK board

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello,

Release: Yocto-Sumo (4.14.78_1.0.0_GA)

Board: i.MX8MQ EVK

I want to use the dual-display on i.MX8MQ EVK board and I have NXP OLED display which is used "fsl-imx8mq-evk-lcdif-rm67191.dts" or "fsl-imx8mq-evk-dcss-rm67191.dts" dts files.

I have created new dual display dts file using "fsl-imx8mq-evk-lcdif-rm67191.dts" file.

When I test the newly created dts file only HDMI display works and nothing appeared on NXP display on the mipi-dsi interface.

I have attached board boot-up logs and dts file which I have used for reference.

Does anyone have an idea why it's not working? or I have missed any configuration for that?

Thanks & regards,

Nirmal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nirmal

one can try with latest nxp official L4.14.98 Linux L4.14.98_2.0.0 Documentation

fsl-imx8mq-evk-dual-display.dts\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

How to use dual display on i.MX8 including 4k decoding - i.MXDev Blog 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Igor,

Thanks for your update.

I tried the same thing on L4.14.98 kernel version but, facing the same issue.

Even in L4.14.98 kernel version this NXP OLED display not worked with "fsl-imx8mq-evk-lcdif-rm67191.dts" dts file.

As in L4.14.98 kernel version, there are assigned-clocks is removed from lcdif & mipi-dsi nodes maybe it creates issues.

Can you provide more information or steps to use dual-display on iMX8MQ EVK board?

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Igor,

Any update on this?

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nirmal

one can try existing example

fsl-imx8mq-evk-dual-display.dts\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

changing to necessary resolution

&lcdif {
    status = "okay";
    max-res = <1280>, <720>;
};

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Igor,

Thanks for your response.

As per your suggestion to change resolution is not worked.

Can you please confirm this dual display feature only works with the NXP  MIPI to HDMI converter or It works with MIPI display or LVDS display (by adding mipi to lvds bridge)?

Because as I read the most of threads it is only worked with two HDMI displays.

If it is working with MIPI display or LVDS display then can you please provide more information except for the above blog link in first response.

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nirmal

for dual lcd (with MIPI-DSI using the IMXMIPI-HDMI daugter-board) one can check

>Can you please confirm this dual display feature only works with the NXP  MIPI to HDMI
>converter or It works with MIPI display or LVDS display (by adding mipi to lvds bridge)?

I think yes. Since changing i.MX8MQ lcd resolutions and lcds is not simple task suggest

to try extended support with Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos