Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F FTM1 output pin

Jump to solution
emsiem22
Contributor I

Hello

First to mention that I'm pretty new in this platform, both mcu and tools (mcuxpresso). 

What I'm trying to do is create two square wave signals of different frequencies. For this purpose I wanted to use FTM.

I'm having a problem in getting the signal out from FTM peripheral. I defined 2, FTM0 and FTM1.

FTM0 is not a problem and I have control over it, but for FTM1, pins offered to route the signal out are not available on the board (FRDM-K64F). Pin routing tool in mcuxpresso offers me PTA12 and PTB0, but they are not exposed (connected) on my board.

Is there some way to solve this; route output signal of FTM1 to available pin on FRDM-K64F board?

I tried for hours finding any info on it, but to no avail.

EDIT: I got it working using FTM2 for second signal, but would still want to know is it possible and how to use FTM1 on my board for output in any case.

Thank you!

Mirko

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mirko,

No, it's hard to use FTM1_CH0 and FTM1_CH1 on frdm_k64f. These pins are occupied by ENET. There is no other pin left.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mirko,

No, it's hard to use FTM1_CH0 and FTM1_CH1 on frdm_k64f. These pins are occupied by ENET. There is no other pin left.

Regards,

Jing

emsiem22
Contributor I

Thank you Jing.

At least I know now not to search further. 

Best regards,

Mirko

0 Kudos