cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom board with ls1012a, mdio list shows generic phy <--> pfe_eth0

kai_wu
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I am developing a new hardware with ls1012a processor, In bootloader(uboot), I typed command mdio list, It shows up with Generic phy <--> pfe_eth0.

image.png

In ls1012a related documentation. It says if the output of mdio list shows Generic phy means there is something, but pfe cannot communicate with these ports.

Is it related to RCW fiele? uboot? or it's a hardware problem?

Any help will be much appreciated? Thx.

4 Replies

shaunch-lin
Contributor I

Hi,

How could I change this address if we change the flash size to 8Mb?

Thanks 

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kai Wu,

In  u-boot source code board/freescale/<board>/Kconfig, please check whether you have configured PFE_EMAC2_PHY_ADDR and PFE_EMAC1_PHY_ADDR correctly according to your custom board.

Please check whether you have configured PHY driver correctly in board/freescale/<board>/Kconfig.

config BOARD_SPECIFIC_OPTIONS # dummy
        def_bool y
        select PHYLIB
        imply PHY_VITESSE
        imply PHY_REALTEK
        imply PHY_AQUANTIA
        imply PHYLIB_10G

Thanks,

Yiping

kai_wu
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Thx for your reply, It's really helpful. I checked the options you metioned, and they are enabled.    

In my board, the Ethernet switch(KSZ9897 PHY)  is connected to SPI (PFE is connected to PHY with SGMII). 

I compiled the latest uboot ( uboot from Denx, not from Freescale) and use the configs/ls1012ardb_qspi_defconfig as the default configuration.

Now I am going to put the uboot binary into the Flash(64MB), I checked the ls1012a SDK, It talks about how to flash uboot, RCW.  But how to flash the PFE binary individually (PFE reporistory pfe_fw_sbl.itb is combined uboot and pfe binaryis not mentioned.

I am confused about how to use the PFE binary with uboot and where to put PFE binary in flash?

It seems individual pfe binary for u-boot is not available. It's embedded into pfe_fw_sbl.itb binary.

I found SYS_LS_PFE_FW_ADDR [=0x40a00000] in the latest u-boot( from denx) menuconfig.

This question can be conclued as:

how and where to put pfe binary into a flash when using a u-boot binary which is not from vendor tree?

Where to get the correct pfe binary for u-boot?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kai

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kai,

PFE firmware is provided in LSDK, you could execute the following command to get the pfe firmware in build/firmware/qoriq-engine-pfe-bin/ls1012a/u-boot/pfe_fw_sbl.itb.

flex-builder -c qoriq-engine-pfe-bin

Please refer to the following in board/freescale/ls1012ardb/Kconfig, PFE firmware is deployed at 0x40a00000(offset a00000 on flash)
if FSL_PFE
config SYS_LS_PFE_FW_ADDR
        hex "Flash address of PFE firmware"
        default 0x40a00000
endif

Thanks,

Yiping