cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build Yocto for NXP

americast
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I was trying to build Yocto for my NXP. I tried building the Meta Freescale layer (meta-freescale - Layer containing NXP hardware support metadata). As mentioned in the Yocto Project Quick Build page, I added the Meta Freescale layer to bitbake using `bitbake-layers add-layer ../meta-freescale-2.2`. Unfortunately, when I run `bitbake meta-freescale-2.2`, I get an error message 

```

ERROR: ParseError at ~/poky/meta/classes/image.bbclass:18: Could not inherit file classes/image_types_uboot.bbclass | ETA: 0:00:06

Summary: There were 3 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

```

Any insights on this would be constructive. I would also like to mention that my final aim is to build Yocto (with RTOS support, preferably using Litmus RT) for NXP SBC-S32V234.

Thanks a lot in advance!

SBC-S32V234

Tags (1)
3 Replies

americast
Contributor I

Dear diegoadrian ‌,

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, the documentation you suggested does provide an alternate way of doing the same, but I am a bit confused regarding which machine configuration and distro should I be choosing. I am attempting to build Yocto for NXP SBC-S32V234.

Any help in this direction would be great!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

That depends a lot of the device that you are using. The machine and distro may vary depending on the board that you are using. For example, the i.MX8MQ-EVK has as a machine and distro imx8mqevk and fsl-imx-xwayland respectively.

Hope this information could help you.

Best regards,

Diego. 

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you are using our BSP, is not necessary to add the meta-freesacale layer. That layer is supported since the beginning.

You just need to initialize the environment as is on our i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide and build the Yocto image.

Best regards,

Diego.