MKM14 Microcontrooler used using sigma Delta ADC in singe ended mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKM14 Microcontrooler used using sigma Delta ADC in singe ended mode

harish_gode
Contributor I

I am using MKM14 series microcontroller for 4-20 mA Application. I am using Sigma Delta ADC in single ended mode for 20 mA to be as 350 mV DC signal to ADC through a 24 V Battery with 1.2K ohm resistor in series for 20 mA. If i reverse the polarity of 24V Battery then ADC reads - 350 mV DC ( reading 15 A instead of 20 mA). Is it ok or i need to take some precaution.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Sorry I think I am misunderstand something because if the  24V battery it is only attach to the 1.2Kohm batteries and you are having minus 350mV DC, there is no way to have 15A, something else that it is powering the battery it is sinking current and it is not good , you need to add some precaution to avoid to reverse the battery. Like adding a diode to block, or something like that. I hope this clarifies your question.

Have a great day,
Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos