cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New at using JTAG

lsionzon
Contributor II

Good Day,

I am new at using JTAG.  Currently I have an NGX jtag.  Do you have any recommendations on what software to use for investigating/accessing IMX6X CPU pins?  I currently have a board right now and I wanted to know/check how the CPU pin works.

Kind Regards,

Labels (2)
6 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am afraid the NGX jtag is mainly intended for controller's application.

Please consult with probe provider if it supports devices of i.MX6 series.

NGX Technologies NGX ARM USB JTAG - Kamami 

Have a great day,

Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

lsionzon
Contributor II

Yuri Good Day,

Thank you for your reply.  If you are familiar with NGX, is it possible to use this JTAG to read the boot ROM log buffer?  I have an iMX6 card right now that doesn't boot.  I want to know what is happening in the boot ROM.  If it is possible, can you please give me some tips on how to do that?  What tools to use and how to access the boot ROM log?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Sorry - no experience with the NGX JTAG; usually we use and recommend ARM DS-5 (DSTREAM) and

Lauterbach. As for boot ROM log - I've sent You (on e-mail) an utility, which can help.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

lsionzon
Contributor II

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, can you resend the utility for the boot ROM log? I can't seem to find it in my inbox.

Best Regards,

Leonardo

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Done!

0 Kudos

lsionzon
Contributor II

I got the email. Thank you very much.