PN7120 / PN7150 Supply voltage for host interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7120 / PN7150 Supply voltage for host interface

non
Contributor I

PN7120 / PN7150 Supply voltage for host interface is only specified for 1.8V and 3.3V /3.0V.

Can the host interface also be set to 2.7V ? - I assume Yes but would like to have it confirmed from NXP.

3 Replies

nxf54945
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niels Ole Norholm,

My pleasure.

I do not see any reason why it should not work with voltages between 1.8 V and 3.3 V. However, NXP does not guarantee the functioning if other voltages than {1.8V, 3.3V} are used. I am sorry for the inconveniences this might bring to your application. You can take the risk and try it though.

As to your last question, I am sorry, I do not have that information available. I will consult it with the Apps team and let you know as soon as I receive an answer.

Best regards,

Javier

nxf54945
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niels Ole Norholm,

I hope you are doing well.

You are correct, the datasheet only makes reference to 1.8V and 3.3V. This means that NXP tested those values and does not guarantee the functionality with other voltages.

I am sorry for the inconveniences this might cause to your project.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any doubts or concerns about your application and I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Javier

0 Kudos

non
Contributor I

Hello Javier

Thank You for the fast response.

Fair enough that NXP only test at these two levels :-) Test and characterization adds to the cost.

But if the input logic simply is referenced to the VDD(PAD) host supply voltage it should also work with any other supply between 1.8V and 3.3V - guaranteed by design?

Another question. In Hard power down you specify 10uA typ, is it one particular pin that draws this or is it evenly split between all supply pins? in case i want to add a supply switch to reduce this further.

Regards Niels

0 Kudos