cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure LVDS display timings at runtime

alexv
Contributor II

Hi!

I have a several LVDS Display to my i.MX6 board. Each display has a different timings and resolutions.

To not have multiple definition of displays in the device tree, I use the fbset command to define the resolution and timings in runtime.

I would like to make sure that the timings are set correctly but searching the datasheet I can't find any registers related to the timings. 

Is this timing data stored in a register or is it stored by S.O.?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

in i.MX6Q lvds timings are provided by IPU module, so

one can check its registers and description in i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual

and linux driver in documentation provided on

i.MX Software | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alexv
Contributor II

Hi, Igor!

Thanks for the links.

I've been checking records for a couple of days but there are so many records for the IPU that I can't find the ones I need.
The only thing I need to check is that the timings match the ones in the device tree. Ex:

clock-frequency = <51200000>;
hactive = <1024>;
vactive = <600>;
hback-porch = <140>;
hfront-porch = <140>;
vback-porch = <25>;
vfront-porch = <16>;
hsync-len = <45>;
vsync-len = <4>;

Do you have any idea what they might be?

0 Kudos