cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renamed MCUXpresso project keeps some old filenames

laszlo_hars
Contributor I

MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0_2516, SDK_2.6.0_FRDM-K28F

I copied, then renamed the "hello_world" SDK example, to "cycles", with updating its references. Still, a few file names retained the old project name "hello_world". How could I rename these files to change the old "hello_world" string to "cycles"?

A simple right-click rename does not help: the next build recreates and uses these old file names.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

laszlo_hars
Contributor I

I found the problem. it is a bug in MCUXpresso project renaming. In top level of the project directory, in the workspace there is a file ".cproject" (in case of a C project). It is a normal text based xml file. In there we find a few references to the original project name, which were not updated at renaming the project.

The fix is easy. Using any text editor (which does not change line ends) search for the old project name occurrences and replace them all with the new project name. Be carful, some short strings as project name might accidentally occur in unexpected places - so do the replace operation one-by-one, and check for validity.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Laszlo Hars,

Right click your project, choose "Clean project", also delete those old named files below:

pastedImage_1.png

Build your project again.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

laszlo_hars
Contributor I

Thanks, Alice, but these don't fix the problem (clean, delete, build). The next build still recreates the old filenames.

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

You probably need to change the build artefact names. See the responses in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/508992 

0 Kudos

laszlo_hars
Contributor I

Thanks, Con, but you can see on the screen shot that the artifact name is already correct. Your linked discussions are about changing that. The three file names in error are *.ld. I could not find, when and where they are created, and how to change their filenames.

0 Kudos