Generating PWM pulse using MPC564xL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating PWM pulse using MPC564xL

archismandatta
Contributor I

Hello! I am trying to generate PWM outputs using MPC5643L with XPC56XL_257BGA module. I am using the 'Three phase PWM output' block from the motor control library, to generate the PWM. 

When I am sending constant values to the duty cycle input of the PWM block, PWM pulses are generated at the corresponding output pins. However, when I am generating some variable duty cycle signal using active elements and sending them to the duty cycle input pins of the PWM module, there are no outputs at the corresponding output pins.Picture1.PNG

The picture above shows the model I am using to generate the PWM. The block 'theta calculation' is having some active elements inside it. Picture2.PNG

The picture above is the model inside the subsystem 'theta calculation', which has some active elements such as discrete-time integrator and delay. 

PWM_Model.PNG

Finally, the generated three phase duty cycle signal is sent to the duty cycle input port of the 'three phase PWM output' block as shown in the picture above. Duty_cycle.PNG

This is the generated duty cycle signal seen in the scope prior to sending to the input port of the PWM block. There is no errors during the program build. I tried replacing the active elements with blocks from freescale application motor control library. The problem still persists. Could anyone help me regarding this?

constantinrazvan.chivu

0 Kudos
1 Reply

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello archismandatta@gmail.com‌,

Sorry for the late reply! Does this problem persist? Are you still having problems with generating variable duty cycle?

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos