Lifcycle plan for IMX7 CPUs and what is its successor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifcycle plan for IMX7 CPUs and what is its successor?

Jump to solution
jhonathan_silva
Contributor I

More precisely, we are using MCIMX7D5EVM10SC on one project. I'd like to know for how long this part will be produced in order to have a better dilligence to evaluate the use of its successor. I see IMX8 may be the successor. I'd like to know what new features does it posses. May anyone point me the direction to know this information?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jhonathan,

According with the Product Longevity webpage, the i.MX7 Dual was released on 2016 and belongs to the 10-year longevity products, so, should be fully available until 2026.

The i.MX7D is based on Cortex A7 suited for low-power applications. A more direct successor may be the i.MX7ULP released this year, also 10-year longevity, so, should be fully available until 2029.

The i.MX8 series include many families with combinations of Cortex A35, A53 and A72. The i.MX8 and i.MX8X families (intended to be released next year) are targeted as Auto qualified, and those parts are 15-year longevity.

So, the migrating option will depend of your application requirements in terms of peripherals, power consumption, cost and time availability.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jhonathan,

According with the Product Longevity webpage, the i.MX7 Dual was released on 2016 and belongs to the 10-year longevity products, so, should be fully available until 2026.

The i.MX7D is based on Cortex A7 suited for low-power applications. A more direct successor may be the i.MX7ULP released this year, also 10-year longevity, so, should be fully available until 2029.

The i.MX8 series include many families with combinations of Cortex A35, A53 and A72. The i.MX8 and i.MX8X families (intended to be released next year) are targeted as Auto qualified, and those parts are 15-year longevity.

So, the migrating option will depend of your application requirements in terms of peripherals, power consumption, cost and time availability.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!