Did you mean: 

How to download security bit into MCU via MCUXPresso GUI tool

kehanqin-b46569
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Experts

IDE: MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.1_2233

HW: FRDM-KE15

I found that the security bit couldn't be download into kineits via the flash GUI tool, below are my configurations and relate setting, please help to point out what I missed:

1.png

2.png

3.png

I built and created the corresponding hex file and checked it in J-flash, confirmed the security bit at 0x40C had been changed:

4.png

What's more, I will read back the value of 0x40C in main function, the security bit will have been successful changed if I use J-flash lite&hex file:

5.png

6.png

Back to MCUXpresso GUI tool, it made the 0x40C value back to FE(reset value), so I think there should have some extra configurations need to be done in MCUXpresso, please help it, thanks a lot.

7.png

Best Regards

Kehan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kehan,

The GUI Flash Tool selects the MKE15Z256XXX7 device, not the MKE15Z256XXX7 (ALLOW SECURITY) as you did in the J-Flash, that is the reason you do not see the change in the flash security bit when you use the GUI Flash Tool.

My recommendation is to use J-link, select the appropriate MCU (allow security) and program the device using the loadfile command.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

kehanqin-b46569
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Felipe

Thank you for your reply,yes,I noticed that, do you know where can I set the "allow security" function of the GUI tool? 

Best Regards

Kehan

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kehan,

Unfortunately, that is not possible for the GUI tool. You can change the MCU of the launch file if you flash your device using MCUXpresso Debugger or in the J-Link commander if you select the allow security chip.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos