AnsweredAssumed Answered

FRDM-K22F: Auto-loading the virtual com driver?

Question asked by Benjamin Tait on Aug 2, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2019 by Mark Butcher

I have been working with the Hello World VCom project. I have gotten it to work, by uploading the firmware to the Freedom board, and manually installing the openSDA driver though Windows' Device Manager, as specified here: https://www.mathworks.com/help/supportpkg/freedomboard/ug/install-drivers-for-freescale-frdm-kl25z-board.html, to the correct COM port.

The Freedom board's SDK supplies an inf file. However, simply installing the .inf through pnputil, or copying to the Windows inf directory, does not suffice towards getting a new computer to recognize the Freedom board's serial VCom port as a serial device, and attaching either the openSDA serial driver or default Windows serial driver to it. After running pnputil on the inf file, the device gives the error, "A service installation section in this INF is invalid" when I examine it in Device Manager.

I would like some command-line method I can run in a setup batch file, which will configure the device driver correctly -- i.e. I would not like users of my device to have to go into device manager and add the driver manually. Is there some way of doing this via command-line?

Attachments

Outcomes