IMX6 Xorg HwAccel Crashes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Xorg HwAccel Crashes

nico_dutoit
Contributor I

I am having extreme difficulty getting X working with hwacceleration. I have followed a bit of a different route than you and there is good reasons for that. I have a debian 9 debootstrapped system with all the required X libraries installed. I have successfully installed the imx-viv gpu libraries and compiled the Xorg drivers and pulled the kernel drivers (kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv-upstream-6.2.4.p1.8) and patched the kernel. 

Debian 9 rootfs

Kernel: Kernel 4.9.88 

GPU Libs: imx-gpu-viv-6.2.4.p2.3

Xorg drivers: xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv-6.2.4.p2.3

Xorg version : X.Org X Server 1.20.4

Now everything seem to be starting up and vivante xorg driver is loaded and it opens up the drm devices see Xorg.log attached but then I experience a crash in second after startup. 

[ 288.537] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0xc0000000

I have done a backtrace on the crash and end up with the following, does anyone have any advice on how to debug or trace the issue ?

#0 0xc0000000 in ()
#1 0x004ff592 in DRIBlockHandler ()
#2 0x0043f6b0 in BlockHandler ()
#3 0x0051f992 in WaitForSomething ()
#4 0x0043c1d4 in ()

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nico,

The xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv-6.2.4.p2.3 is not tested with debian, I suggest to move to previous vivante driver.

regards

0 Kudos

nico_dutoit
Contributor I

Hi Bio_TICFSL 

What versions do you suggest ?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, I suggest version 5.0.11 of Vivante driver, the 6.2.4v is more for i.MX8 architecture.

Regards

0 Kudos

nico_dutoit
Contributor I

Hi Bio_TICFSL 

I have now tried every permutation possible and I still seem to be have no success. 

I have tried 5.0.11 does not work with kernel 4.9.88 needs some patching . I then tried kernel drivers 6.2.2 which I have seen is being used in a Boundary Stretch Image. With downloaded vivante libraries 6.2.2 and xorg-vivante drivers 6.2.2 but nothing seems to be working. Could I be having hardfloat vs softfloat issues ? I have tried a few combinations and still noting seems to work. The only success I had was copying vivante libraries from boundary stretch release AND xorg_1.19 then I have success. 

0 Kudos