Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 QSPI Boot Image

Jump to solution
jvogt
Contributor I

Hi,

i designed my own board with the RT1050. Now i want to transfer a QSPI nand flash boot image. As template i'm using this tutorial:

Generating a Bootable Image for the RT1050 

My problem is, the elftosb tool crashes in the middle of the first command to build the .bin and the .s19 file. The .bin file gets created while the .s19 file not.

I'm using the same dcd.bin file as in the tutorial, because i dont have a specific one for my case. Which is probably my first problem.

If i follow the tutorial, i have to set " XIP_boot_header_enable" and "XIP_boot_header_DCD_enable" to 1 if i dont have my own dcd.bin File.

So my question is, shouldn't the dcd.bin file be created somewhere and if yes, where is it located?

P.S. The program i'm bulding is a simple "Helo World" programm.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julian Vogt,

Thank you for your updated information.

Ok, if you are using the FlexSPI nand flash, you still need to use the elftosb tool, please add the correct DCD data, and try it again. MCUbootutility can't support the FlexSPI nand flash now, but in the future, the tool's author may add it.

BTW, if you are using the nand flash, it can't support the XIP, so you can download the code to your chip, and check the chip function.

Please try it on your side, if you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julian Vogt,

1. Hareware

Do you use the SEMC Nand boot pin to connect your nand flash in your customer board?

The related pins can be found from the RT1050 reference manual, Table 8-1. ROM Bootloader Peripheral PinMux

2. Software

I think you can use the MCUBootUtility to download the code to your nand flash.

You can download it from this link:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/releases/tag/v2.0.0

The related user manual link:

GitHub - JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility: A one-stop boot utility tool based on Python2.7+wxPython4.0, it... 

pastedImage_1.png

3. About the DCD tool

You can refer to this post:

https://community.nxp.com/message/1149511?commentID=1149511#comment-1149511 

Please try it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jvogt
Contributor I

Hi Kerry Zhou,

thank you for your response!

1. I'm using the FlexSPI to connect my nand flash, as shown in table 8-1 in the reference manual.

2. MCUBootUtility doesn't support the FlexSPI nand flash, as i see. So i tried it with the flash loader.

3. Thank you very much, this helps.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julian Vogt,

Thank you for your updated information.

Ok, if you are using the FlexSPI nand flash, you still need to use the elftosb tool, please add the correct DCD data, and try it again. MCUbootutility can't support the FlexSPI nand flash now, but in the future, the tool's author may add it.

BTW, if you are using the nand flash, it can't support the XIP, so you can download the code to your chip, and check the chip function.

Please try it on your side, if you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos