Error: There is no core selected (on project created from "Makefile Project with Existing Code")

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: There is no core selected (on project created from "Makefile Project with Existing Code")

jgreen
Contributor III

On MCUXpresso IDE I created a new project using the wizard and selecting "Makefile Project with Existing Code".

Then when I attempt to use MCUXpresso Config tool, I get the error message: There is no core selected

and it won't generate any code.

I'm using MCUXpresso v11.0.0 on MAC OSX

CPU is LPC55S69 - which is dual core!

I guess the wizard failed to set some attribute that config tool uses.

Is there some way I can set this manually?

I've had a look through the MCU 'Edit' menu and all I can see is menu to set 'package' and 'chip'.

Comparing my Makefile project settings with the 'hello world' example, MCU settings for 'core' and 'processor' are set in 'hello world' but not in the project I created from Makefile.

See attached screenshots.

2 Replies

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jon,

from you description it is not clear, what sources were used to create Makefile project. I tried on my computer with hello-world SDK example and it seems "Makefile Project with Existing Code" wizard does not assign any SDK package to created project. MCUXpresso Config Tools rely on SDK project nature and projects without SDK are not supported.

I'd recommend to create new project using Quickstart panel (see commands New project or Import SDK example) and then replace project source files with your custom source files.

About your question, how to set core in Config Tools manually: the only possibility is to right click on the problem in Problems View and select quick fix, e.g. assign same core as is selected in MCU IDE project.

Hope this helps

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

jgreen
Contributor III

right click on the problem in Problems View and select quick fix, e.g. assign same core as is selected in MCU IDE project.

That worked well. Thanks for your help.