cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Bootloader for MK22FX512

stduenner
Contributor II

Hi there

Exists a port for the MK22FX512AVLK12 for the bootloader ?

In the SDK, there is no mcuboot available in the SDK builder.

Best Regards

Stephan

6 Replies

stduenner
Contributor II

Hi Omar

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tryed the SDK above, but when i change the MCU to MK22FX512Axxx12 and the Package to MK22FX512AVLK12, the example does not build anymore.

The change deletes all the Preprocessor defines. The IDE created the two defines: -DCPU_MK22FX512AVLK12 and -DCPU_MK22FX512AVLK12_cm4.  When i change it back to -DCPU_MK22FN512VDC12 and adding the other Defines again, the project is compiling well.

On the other hand, when i load the existing project, e.g the tower_bootloader to my device, it is starting but crashes when initializing the flash in flash_init_features.

Do you have another hint how to get the bootloader compiled for the MK22FX512AVLK12?

Many thanks an best regards

Stephan

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephan Dünner

I found this post that may be useful to you https://community.nxp.com/message/828707?commentID=828707#comment-828707 

Please refer to this post and let me know your questions.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

stduenner
Contributor II

Hello Omar

I found the TWR-K21F120MA board, featuring the MK21FN1M0AVMC12 MCU, which is quite compatible to the MX22FX512AVLQ12.

Unfortunately, the is also no bootloader for this board. Do you know, if there is a bootloader port for the MK21FN1M0AVMC12 ?

Many thanks and best regards.

Stephan

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephan Dünner

You may find a compatible bootloader at the frdm-k22f sdk under the sdk examples. This example is called "freedom bootloader".

It is important to mention that some changes must be made in order to have this bootloader working at the MK21FN1M0AVMC12. These changes are in the memory interface and the memory map since the mcu is similar, with the only difference on the memory size.

Here you can find the sdk https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

0 Kudos

ajang
Contributor I

Hi Omar,

Do you have any more information on making those changes to the memory interface and memory map? I am currently working to get the MK22FN512 KBoot freedom bootloader to run on a MK22FX512 processor (Only difference between the processors appears to be RAM size). At this point, I have verified that I can successfully program a MK22FN512 development board with my setup and am now trying to find the relevant files to modify to make it compatible with the MK22FX512. Unfortunately, Kinetis Design Studio isn't giving me any relevant error messages if I attempt to program the MK22FX512 without code changes.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephan Dünner

I suggest you to download the TWR-K22F120M SDK, this contains the mcu-boot and can be used in MK22FX512AVLK12.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Best regards,

Omar