cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ConfigTool wizards to create a USB VCOM project

jking1
Contributor II

Hi 

I'm using MCUXpresso V11.0.0 with SDK_2.xLPCXpresso54628 V2.6.0 and an OM13098 dev card. My development machine is running Win10.

I want to configure the OM13098 dev card as a USB virtual com port running at full speed. I'm new to working with USB at firmware level so want to get up to speed by using the example code and code generated by ConfigTools.

I've built and run the two example projects in the SDK: "lpcxpresso54628_dev_cdc_vcom_bm" and "lpcxpresso54628_dev_cdc_vcom_lite_bm".  They run "out of the box" and I can talk to the dev card through a Putty terminal.

Now I want to create a simlar project but using the ConfigTools wizards to generate the code.

Using the "New Project" wizard I created a bare metal project with empty board files and selected the USB device middleware options. I then used ConfigTools to set up  a full speed device virtual com port. I encountered some issues:

1) The "peripherals" wizard appears always to generate files for a composite device (source\generated\usb_device_composite.c and source\generated\usb_device_composite.h). Is there a reason for this as I don't actually want a composite device?

2) In the "peripherals" wizard I opened the "Universal Serial Bus (USB)" panel, selected the "CDC VCOM (bare metal)" preset and accepted the default settings. After connecting USB0_VBUS and the USB module clock (to the 96MHz FRO) I allowed ConfigTools to generate code. The project builds without errors or warnings but when I run it and connect USB-FS (J3 on the dev card) to the host computer it reports "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Have I missed any steps? Why does ConfigTools not generate working code in this instance?

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joseph King ,

1) Because the initialize USB device function "USB_DeviceApplicationInit()" is in the file

usb_device_composite.c .

2) You can compare your generate code with USB demo ,  check whether miss some points.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos