Cannot read memory on T2080QDS from CodeWarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read memory on T2080QDS from CodeWarrior

kakay_achacoso
Contributor I

I have a T2080QDS board with CodeWarrior USB Tap (the older version without network connection).  

When I start the debug configuration for my project, I am unable to view the memory in RAM at 0x00000000.  The Memory view gives the following error message:

Target request failed:  CCSProtocolPlugin:  Error reading emory

[CCS last error: Scan timeout ].

I'm able to view the NOR flash at 0xe8000000, but only up until 0xe8000100 or so.  If I read anything beyond that, I get the same error message.  I'm also unable to read 0xeff80000, which gives me the same error message.  So I can't read Bank 0 and the address where u-boot is supposed to start.

Ultimately, I'm trying to flash the NOR flash with u-boot by following the instructions in AN4948 Flash Programmer for CodeWarrior Power Architecture to flash the NOR flash.  I'm using the T2080QDS_NOR_FLASH.xml file provided with CodeWarrior Power Architecture.  I get this error:

Error:  Connect Failed.  CCSProtocolPlugin::Could not connect to the requested core #0.

I'm guessing this error is caused by Code Warrior not being able to read the RAM or the NOR flash.  

What is my problem?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The T2080 Hard-coded RCW often is used for burning Flash on new board.

See the Table 4-8 of the T2080 Reference Manual.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kakay_achacoso
Contributor I

I found the answer to this with the help of NXP tech support.  

I had to force the RCW into the processor by running the jtag_chains file for T2080QDS supplied in \CW PA
v10.x.x\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains first.  

Then I made sure Core 0 was initialized with the file T2080QDS_init_sram.tcl in the default project.

After that, CodeWarrior is able to read flash and RAM, and I can follow the FLASH programmer's guide to flash programs.

0 Kudos