cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Code warrior V8.3 run on Win10 64 bit issue

leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi NXP team,

I used the way that you provided before, I can run Classic Code warrior V8.3 run on Win10 64 bit, but when I close IDE will show up some error as below: how to fix this issue?

1323.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang,

Here is the link that NXP provided, it says v8.3 can work on Win10 without error.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341057

So I suggest customer to use this ways, because customer need to use classic CW IDE due to checksum issue.

So do you have no ideas?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This document was written by me. I ever tested, CW8.3 can work on my win10 computer without problem. so I share it. if user can also use 8.3 successfully this way, it's good.

But we never have full test of CW8.3 on win10. we don't know which win10 plugin compatible with 8.3 or not. nobody test it. So officially we can't support 8.3 usage on win10. ( I will also address it in my doc  later)

you can change another win10 computer to test it. or reinstall CW. Besides, we don't have other idea.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

leo_wu
Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang,

I have try it, but did't work, do you have any idea?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Leo Wu,

CW8.3  for DSC is a product of 10 years ago. This version doesn't support win10. and we haven't done any full test of it on win10. To work with DSC, our recommendation is  CodeWarrior 11, this version based on eclipse platform which can work for DSC on win10 without problem.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.3\bin.

run ide.exe with compatibility mode,

Run the app with right click and choose compatibility mode for the app.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:

0 Kudos