About mounting MFi authentication chip (MFI 337 S3959) on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About mounting MFi authentication chip (MFI 337 S3959) on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK Board

developers1
Contributor I

Hello

Please tell me about the following.

[What we want to achieve]
1. We want to put AndroidAutomotive on the development board ( we want to use it for demo development )
Looking at the documents of [Documentation]-[AndroidAUTO] in the following site, I thought that the AndroidAutomotive BSP is provided for i.MX 8. Is my understanding correct ?
https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/evaluation-and-development-boards/i.mx-evaluation-an...
*We don't ask for the support such as modifications for the BSP that is currently provided.

We want to attach the MFi authentication chip(MFI337S3959) to the development board and activate the CarPlay function.
* We think the software development to make the CarPlay function work is also needed.But we don't ask for the support for the software development.

【Questions】
1. Is there an AndroidAutomotive BSP available for "i.MX 8QuadMax MEK Board" ?

2. Is it possible to attach the MFi authentication chip(MFI337S3959) to "i.MX 8QuadMax MEK Board" without hardware modifications ?
We have checked the i.mx8_8X-Beta Program External Q218.pptx you provided, but we are still not clear about it.

Also, looking at the MCIMX8M-EVK-DESIGNFILES(SPF-29615_B5.pdf P11), it looks like the MFi authentication chip(MFI337S3959) can be attached like in "iMX6 SABRE AI Board". Is it possible to mount it in the same way with MEK board?

Regards, kikugawa

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Regarding Android Auto, there is a build option for this kind of target when building Android from a NXP BSP release (would be available for the supported boards). Any related question should be handled through NXP Professional Services. Please check the following link for additional details:
Software for Android Auto | NXP 

Regarding further information about MFi related designs, it is available under NDA. We would recommend contacting your local Sales/Distributor for additional information through the “MFi Program portal”; please refer to the following link:
MFi Accessory Software Development Kit (SDK) | NXP 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos