Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about i.MX8QXP Startup

Jump to solution
jiangpengfei
Contributor I

Hi, buddies:

I've got an issue when start up Linux kernel from u-boot. The description of the issue is following, and you can find the u-boot log in attachment:

1. We use uuu download bootloader to the customized board, the bootloader includes SCFW, SECO FW, m4 image and u-boot image;

2. We download Linux kernel and binary device tree to memory through ethernet;

3. We use booti command to startup kernel, but the system is stuck at Starting kernel ...

We can't find any clue to this issue, but it looks like none of code of kernel is executed at the moment. (We tried to modify the value of memory address "0x88000000" in "start_kernel" function in kernel, but the value wasn't changed when we verified the value in SCFW console).

We hope NXP technical support can give us some advice about how to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jiang,

I’m afraid that i.MX8QXP is still on preproduction and no additional information/support could be provided yet. For further assistance, please contact with your Sales/FAE.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jiang,

I’m afraid that i.MX8QXP is still on preproduction and no additional information/support could be provided yet. For further assistance, please contact with your Sales/FAE.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jiangpengfei
Contributor I

Hi, CarlosCasillas:

Thanks for your information, it's useful for us.

We've already contack our FAE, they haven't yet replied.

We'll ask them again today.

0 Kudos