cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046A RCW doenst get loaded

chitra_amzarewa
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to load customized RCW at 0x40000000. But it is not loading. Is there any specific changes i need to perform? Please note I have not enabled security feature. Also if i try to load same RCW to some other location say 0x4016000000 then it loads correctly.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Chitra

8 Replies

VismaySharma
Contributor III

Hello

Same issue here custom RCW isnt getting loaded at 0x40000000. When going back to hardcoded its loading but when i try to load my own RCW generated from QCVS PBL tool its not working.

0 Kudos

chitra_amzarewa
Contributor II

Thanks for reply. 

Initial RCW I generated using QCVS tool and then transferred that into .c and .h file. Our aim is to remove tool dependency and give configurability option to the application. With above approach any change in RCW will need above tool and flash programmer. We also do not plan to use flash programmer or CodeWarrior instead we are using trace32 as debugger.

Any other method you can suggest or this is the only way?

Thanks & Regards,

Chitra Amzarewale

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We support only NXP LSDK,  NXP hardware and NXP software tools.

Custom applications can be developed on a paid basis:

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

0 Kudos

chitra_amzarewa
Contributor II

Hello ,

Apologies for late reply. I cannot share complete project but basically I am trying to create .c, .h files for customized RCW and load RCW to particular location 0x40000000. I have created section in linker command file for RCW with address 0x40000000. If I change location from 0x40000000 to 0x40160000 in linker file then I can see complete RCW loaded in the Flash at 0x40160000. But with exact same procedure it doesn't get loaded at 0x40000000 or I am not able to see difference because for trial purpose I am loading exactly same RCW stored in memory. In case I change RCW, I will have to change CRC which I do not want to do at this moment. I also tried to load RCW at consecutive location starting from 0x40000000 but that also is not successful. Please suggest what is the that I am missing in this process. 

I am creating code warrior project and using trace32 debugger to load elf file. 

Please find attached .c, .h files for RCW. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks & Regards

Chitra Amzarewale

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your approach is wrong - RCW must be created using QCVS PBL Tool and programmed by CodeWarrior Flash Programmer.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide corresponding logs for inspection.

0 Kudos

chitra_amzarewa
Contributor II

Hello,

Can you describe more? What exactly you need? i can not send complete project but i can send you snippets of RCW structures and linker command etc. will that be enough?

Thanks

Chitra

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> I am trying to load customized RCW at 0x40000000. But it is not loading.

What exactly does it mean?

> if i try to load same RCW to some other location say 0x4016000000 then it loads correctly.

Which operation you performed?

0 Kudos