Is there a script available which flashes one or multiple .elf files in the MPC5748G without using the S32 design studio IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a script available which flashes one or multiple .elf files in the MPC5748G without using the S32 design studio IDE?

f_merkus
Contributor I

I've been using the S32 design studio IDE for implementing/debugging/flashing the MPC5748G and I'm wondering if there is a script available which flashes one or multiple .elf files in the MPC5748G without using the S32 design studio IDE?

This can be useful for engineers who only want to flash the device, without having to install / open the S32 design studio IDE.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

f_merkus
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for the information. I now can flash using these threads.

I still have one question. I'm flashing three .elf files for multiple cores of the MPC5748G and notice that the program sequence of each elf file consist of erase, black check, program and verify.

How do I know that the next programming action is not erasing the previous programmed elf file?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

jmart23
Contributor I

Use the following to flash multiple .elf files without erasing flash between each load:

target remote localhost:7224

monitor startmultiload

load file1.elf

load file2.elf

load file3.elf

monitor endmultiload

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

You can use command line tools ( part of S32DS Installation). More details you can find in these threads:

s32k144 command line flash 

https://community.nxp.com/message/1123376  

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos