AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom uboot configuration - migration from 2015.04 to 2017.03

Question asked by Nemanja Savic on Jul 23, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2019 by gusarambula

Hi all,

we recently decided to update our uboot for a custom board based on i.MX6 from 2015.04 to 2017.03. I am now a bit confused, mostly because I am not able to find the documentation. For example, the way of configuring uboot has changed, I see that what used to be before in include config file (from include/configs) is now moved to defconfig file (in configs folder). Having this in mind I have the following questions:

1. Since my board is based on Sabre Auto, if I take configuration of Sabre Auto as a starting point in 2017.03, how should I chage it and adopt it for my board? Should I use menuconfig or not? Or should I change .h files directly?

2. I read that uboot now suports device tree, has a driver model, and is able to configure hardware based on the device tree configuration. Do you recommend using this and how can I simply disable this feature. When I set CONFIG_OF_CONTROL=n I cant compile any more due to the errors.

3. Is it recommended to have a reduced device tree in order to configure only devices which are needed in uboot?

Thank you very much

Outcomes