How to change the initial configuration of the R41Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the initial configuration of the R41Z?

cral_martin
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I'm using two R41Z evaluation board as router_eligible_device, with one of them I start creating the network and the device takes the leader role and the second one can be configured to join the created network by sending the command through the shell or pressing once the button. I'd like to initiate this second device not as "gDeviceState_FactoryDefault_c" but trying to join the created network so I don't have to use neither the shell nor the button.

I've been trying to understand the configuration functions but I haven't been able to start it in joining mode. How can I change it? 

Thank you for your time! 

Regards,

Cristina

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can check the APP_ConfigModeHandleKeyboard function and after the factory reset you can set the function to create the network.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

cral_martin
Contributor II

Hello Estephania, 

I understand it, but I would like not to use any button. What I want is that the device starts trying to join a Network (not creating it), like changing the Stack_to_APP_Handler function or the device mode default setting  at the APP_Init function so when I first run the programme the device doesn't starts in factory default state but in joining state.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Cristina

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

But which function are you setting that seems not to be working ? Are you setting the event automatically ? or are you calling the THR_NwkJoin function ?

Regards,

Etsephania

0 Kudos