Why is the light red instead of yellow at 2200k and 2300k?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the light red instead of yellow at 2200k and 2300k?

yuboli
Contributor II

hi, everyone,

When I debug RGBW lamp, 2200k and 2300K color temperature, the lamp is red, not yellow; when 2100K and 2200k, it is yellow. I call the algorithm function vCLD_ColourControl_CCT2xyY in your nxp. What causes this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yuboli
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

I used the JN-AN-1218-Zigbee-3-0-Light-Bulb project, the compiler option was Extended ColorLight; RGBW lamps were produced by our company.

I control the color temperature through the following GUI

M[XZ1IXLNI9F{U(JDTSVVQM.png

Colour temperature vs CIE xyY coordinates is  as follow:

S4{RWIW$7W`O13YKP7[N@5Y.png

Call your NXP  function to change the color temperature to XY:

6@07ZO}X}A8]2Y8462UO~5C.png

It's also calling your NXP function to get the RGB value.

GYIHURJPBI`)IAL`[I%B)CM.png

When the color temperature is 2300, it's a little red, not yellow.   The problem is  related to the values Colour temperature vs CIE xyY coordinates ?    How can I solve it?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

The problem might be more closely related to the Color Temperature mapping of the lamp or light bulb you're using, instead of the xyY coordinate values themselves. Could you also please check to see if the RGBW PWMs are connected correctly from the lamp to the device?

Also, could you check If the coordinate table we provide is compatible with the lamp you're using? Because maybe your lamp need another value that's not being given by default in this table.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please tell me which device and Application Note are you using? Are you using our hardware?

The problem may be related to the values used to generate the color temperature, could you please tell me which xyY coordinates you're using to get the desired temperatures?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos