AnsweredAssumed Answered

PTN3460I questions

Question asked by Valentin Eremizin on Jul 23, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2019 by Jose Alberto Reyes Morales

Hi.

How I can get Flash-over-AUX Utility and PTN3460I DPCD utility tool and the latest firmare for PTN3460I?

And the next question is in next: we need to set the EDID with resolution 1280x1024. As far as I know there is 2 ways to do it:

1) Set the external eeprom and write to there the full table (7 EDIDs+ config bits) and start the PTN3460 with dev_cfg pin in high mode;

2) Set the need EDID in internal memory of PTN3460. And as I understand we need to configure the number of EDID, which will be emulated by PTN3460.

Correct me please if I am wrong.

And the DPCD utility have the ability to rewrite the configure bits of PTN3460 via Display Port, if I am not wrong.

Offtop: Now we have situation, when we are trying to start Ubuntu and there is 2 situations: when cfg_4 (testmode low) set to high, on bios we have correct resolution, but when system starts the maximum availible resolution is 1024x768. When cfg_4 in low position, then we have 4 bios windows in 800x480 resolution, but Ubuntu starts correct, because we are in Ubuntu emulating the correct EDID.

Outcomes