MCUXpresso Debug Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Debug Questions

harvey1
Contributor I

I'm nu-bee so any pointers are gratefully appreciated!

We're committed to using the LPC1347 MCU. .A nice chip. Just discovered that the LPC Link2 doesn't work for the 1347, so we have a new LPC Link1 connected.

Question#1: I have only the 4 wire SWDIO/.SWCLK lines connected. The LPC1347 does not support Instruction trace I discovered. What other debug features don't work for this chip?

Question2: is it necessary to do a Debug-build in MCUXpresso when using the LPC Link, or just leave it set as a Release build and click Debug? Debug As? where is the best place to invoke the debugger? I've noticed dong the latter doesn't the Debug/Release property for all the included projects in the build. Is it necessary t manually setup all files for Debug. Or can you just Debug a release build and the right thing happens?

Question3: Does Debug as "local C/C++ application" actually run a software emulator in a window somewhere? what are the limitations of that? Can external Input be emulated?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just discovered that the LPC Link2 doesn't work for the 1347

Why do you think this? I would expect no issue using LPC-Link2 with an LPC1347. 

On the assumption that you have the LPC1347 mounted on your own board (rather than an off-the-shelf one), then make sure you check https://community.nxp.com/message/630601 

And to debug, all you should need to do is click the "Debug" button in the Quickstart Panel.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Harvey Starr ,

Question#1:The LPC1347 does not support Instruction trace I discovered. What other debug features don't work for this chip?

I just wondering why do you think LPC1347 doesn't support Instruction Trace?

Q2&Q3:  About debug on MCUXpresso IDE, please refer to <MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf> ->

5.1 Starting a Debug Session

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos