How many 3-pass AES128 keys are in a MIFARE PLUS X tag ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many 3-pass AES128 keys are in a MIFARE PLUS X tag ?

alvaro_vidaurre
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I have a project open where an authentication tag must be used, but firstly I need to know how many Keys can be stored in the selected Tag.

I checked the datasheet of MIFARE PLUS X tag ( 4KBytes ) and it said that it can use 2 AES 128-bit keys per sector ( 80 sectors total).

Then the maximum amount of different keys in a MPLUS tag is 160 ?

Also as I concern this keys are used to unlock the sectors, not to apply the 3-pass-authentication protocol. 

Could I switch the 3-pass key to one of this sector keys or it is fixed ?

Thanks in advance,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Alvaro Vidaurreta,

Hope  you are doing great, as you may know the information regarding Mifare plus X is secured under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) this means that all the information, support and tools should be delivered using secured communication channels and only with customers with active NDA, since I cannot post information on the  public community I am going to reference you to the datasheet sections that solve your questions first I would like to mention that you are mixing the crypto1 keys and the AES keys, the AES are not shown in the memory map as the crypto1 keys so depending on the security level  are the keys that are going to be used. to know about the AES key please check section 9.1.4 and table 117 to know how much keys can be stored.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos