Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference of equation 2 present in AN4327

Jump to solution
moura_fmo
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm developing my graduation project relationship pulse oximeter. I read some documents about it including AN4327.

I did not find an explanation about Equation 2:

Screenshot_2.png

In document no have reference to equation. Do you have mathematical demonstration of this equation ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Felipe,

I do know where the author of this AN took that reference from, but after a quick search, there are some references in the book Medical Instrumentation Applications and Design from John G. Webster in the Chemical Biosensors chapter under Intravascular Measurements of Oxygen Saturation where it states that the oxygen saturation is:

C0.gif

Where  is the absorbance of the light given by the Beer-Lambert’s law as:

A.gif

The I’s represent the intensity of the absorbed light.

Best regards,

Tomas 

PS: If this answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Felipe,

I do know where the author of this AN took that reference from, but after a quick search, there are some references in the book Medical Instrumentation Applications and Design from John G. Webster in the Chemical Biosensors chapter under Intravascular Measurements of Oxygen Saturation where it states that the oxygen saturation is:

C0.gif

Where  is the absorbance of the light given by the Beer-Lambert’s law as:

A.gif

The I’s represent the intensity of the absorbed light.

Best regards,

Tomas 

PS: If this answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos