How to set ahb_pdf and ipg_podf to divider of 1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set ahb_pdf and ipg_podf to divider of 1?

kevincronn
Contributor III

I am using the IMX6ull on a bare metal application. I would like to run the AHB_CLK_ROOT and the IPG_CLK_ROOT with a divder of 1. But if I set the divider to one it never comes out of the handshake while loop. The reference manual says the divider can be set to 1. Currently I have both set to a divider of 2.

Here is my code:

// Config AXI divide by 2, AHB divide by 2, IPG divide by 2, MMDC divide by 1
CCM_Type* base = CCM;
base->CBCDR =
(CCM->CBCDR &
~(CCM_CBCDR_AXI_PODF_MASK | CCM_CBCDR_AHB_PODF_MASK | CCM_CBCDR_IPG_PODF_MASK |
CCM_CBCDR_FABRIC_MMDC_PODF_MASK)) |
(CCM_CBCDR_AXI_PODF(1) | CCM_CBCDR_AHB_PODF(1) | CCM_CBCDR_IPG_PODF(1) | CCM_CBCDR_FABRIC_MMDC_PODF(0));

// Wait for handshake process
while (CCM->CDHIPR &
(CCM_CDHIPR_PERIPH2_CLK_SEL_BUSY_MASK | CCM_CDHIPR_PERIPH_CLK_SEL_BUSY_MASK | CCM_CDHIPR_AXI_PODF_BUSY_MASK |
CCM_CDHIPR_AHB_PODF_BUSY_MASK | CCM_CDHIPR_MMDC_PODF_BUSY_MASK))
{
}

If I set CCM_CBCDR_AHB_PODF(0) | CCM_CBCDR_IPG_PODF(0) it will sit in the handshake while loop forever. Shouldn't I be able to set these to a diver of 1?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kevincronn
Contributor III

Igor,

The code I'm using to set up the clocks is a cut and paste from SDK 2.2. I also tried the i2c driver example from the SDK and tried to set the IPG and AHB clock dividers to 1 but it would not work either. I don't know what else to try.

Thanks

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin

clock switch procedures are described in EB821

LDB Clock Switch Procedure & i.MX6 Asynchronous Clock Switching Guidelines

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB821.pdf 

EB790 Configuration of Phase Fractional Dividers

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB790.pdf 

for baremetal examples one can check MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX6ULL
Windows Installer: MCUXpresso SDK2.2 for i.MX 6ULL

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos