cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCCU NCF_S[0] - TSENS fault

filipzigun
Contributor I

Hello, petervlna

I have an issue when initializing FCCU, NCF_S[0] - Temp Sens 0/1 can't be cleared like other status flags. I see in reference manual that this status is set by PMC and I tried to clear it by disabling TSx_AOUT_EN and TSx_DOUT_EN clearing ESR_TD flags and then enabling TSx_AOUT_EN and TSx_DOUT_EN, and then clearing NCF_S in FCCU but this also fails. I don't know if this is an issue with PMC or real temperature issue because at same time TEMP0_0 (undertemperature) and TEMP0_1 (overtemperature) are set and this doesn't seem to be a possible condition.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and how I could fix this? One more question do ADC modules have to be initialized before clearing ESR_TD flags because TSENS uses ADCs for temperature measurement?

Best regards, Filip

0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

thanks for answer.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and how I could fix this?

well, basically it seems to me as an errata :

e8967:   TSENS: (MPC5744P) Temperature sensor flag glitch during power up

But you didn't share information when the flags are set. It is after Power on reset? or ?

One more question do ADC modules have to be initialized before clearing ESR_TD flags because TSENS uses ADCs for temperature measurement?

For clearing it should be not required. For measurement, yes.

Maybe it is stupid hint but clearing is done by write 1:

pastedImage_7.png

I tried to clear it by disabling TSx_AOUT_EN and TSx_DOUT_EN clearing ESR_TD flags and then enabling TSx_AOUT_EN and TSx_DOUT_EN, and then clearing NCF_S in FCCU but this also fails.

ok, after clearing of ESR_TD status flags, did you verified that they are cleared?

Because FCCU status is only acting on signal from PMC. If the flags are cleared in PMC, there is nothing which can prevent FCCU status clearing. It is simple mechanism, which is not using any  bus. Just direct wiring.

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all let us know about which device you are talking.

regards,

Peter

PS:to clear fault in FCCU status register you need to remove its active source first. Otherwise clearing has no effect and the fault is set immediately after clearing again.

0 Kudos

filipzigun
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using MPC5744P.

Regards

0 Kudos