I am working on a project in which we need to do OTA on S32K144.
I have read few documents related to bootloader and S32K1XX.
Following are the points I understood so far:
1. There are few options by which micro-controller gets .bin file:
- CAN FD
2. Bootloader searches for a key,if it is valid then firmware location is updated and finally it updates the new firmware.
3. Bootloader example in SDK has rchw.c, appl.c.
rchw.c has appkey and rchw content as given in document.
According to description given we are supposed to download RAppID BL Tool application. Using that application we are supposed to make necessary changes in .rbl file. Application used .rbl file to boot the micro-controller.
I have few questions which are as follows:
1. Do we have to flash bootloader externally or it is already stored in micro-controller memory and we just have to change RCHW to trigger that bootloader?
2. How does bootloader process work?
3. RApplD BL Tool is only option to boot microcontroller?
I have attached few documents which I referred.
Please let me know if I missed out something here and help me to know boot loader process so that I can successfully do OTA on s32k144.
Thanks in advance.
#S32k144 #bootloader #OTA #rchw