How to reject ethernet packets in imx6-sx?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reject ethernet packets in imx6-sx?

Contributor I

I use the imx6-sx in our project, the ENET1 connect to a 88E1111 phy chip as the management network port, the OS is the official linux 4.9.11, the ENET1 works well except when I want to reject ethernet packets who's DA is not ours MAC.

According to IMX6SXRM document, I set the device's MAC to ENET1_PALR and ENET1_PAUR, then I set ENET1_RCR[PROM] to 0, I think it means that the promiscuous mode is disable, the packet enter ENET1 would be checked whether the DA is matching the device's MAC(because I have config ENET1_PALR and ENET1_PAUR).

But I found it's not work, no matter the packet's DA is broadcast or unicast MAC,I can capture the packet by tcpdump.

So I want to know how to reject the packet which MAC is not the device's MAC, can I use the promiscuous mode to achieve this function?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 凯 刘

may be suggested to test with nxp linux from official repository:

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

in promiscuous mode controller passes all traffic it receives and usually used for packet sniffing 

Promiscuous mode - Wikipedia 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

In my project, the CPU seems to be work in promiscuous mode, I want it works in normal mode(it can reject other packet), but it's not work, I'll try the official nxp linux later and tell you the result.

0 Kudos