AnsweredAssumed Answered

fsl-sdcard-partition.sh is giving error File partition-table.img not found

Question asked by Maneesh Singh on Jul 11, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2019 by Maneesh Singh

Hi Sir,

I am using iMX8M Mini and Android AOSP Source code for Android 9.0.

I have downloaded the AOSP and successfully able to built it using steps given in Android user guide Rev. P9.0.0_1.0.0-ga, 01/2019 .

I checked my =>  /out/target/product/evk_8mm/    Directory and I can see all the output files there. 

Now i want to flash these output files in my sdcard and test the build images.

for that i am following the steps given in 5.1.1 Storage partitions of Android user guide Rev. P9.0.0_1.0.0-ga,

As per the steps when i am trying to execute fsl-sdcard-partition.sh file I get error saying =>

File partition-table.img not found. Please check. Exiting

Below Command I am executing =>

sudo ./device/fsl/common/tools/fsl-sdcard-partition.sh -f imx8mm /dev/mmcblk0
imx8mm bootloader offset is: 33

NOTE : - My sdcard is 16GB and I connected my sdcard to my laptop using sdcard adapter and i can see it as /dev/mmcblk0 .

NOTE - In /out/target/product/evk_8mm/ directory also there is fsl-sdcard-partition.sh script and when i try to execute from there also then also i get similar error.

sudo ./out/target/product/evk_8mm/fsl-sdcard-partition.sh -f imx8mm /dev/mmcblk0
imx8mm bootloader offset is: 33

Note : - I checked /device/fsl/common/tools/   directory as well as   /out/target/product/evk_8mm/ directory also and I can see partition-table.img file there along with partition-table-7GB.img and other files.

When I run file command on partition-table.img i get below msg =>

file partition-table.img
partition-table.img: DOS/MBR boot sector; partition 1 : ID=0xee, start-CHS (0x0,0,1), end-CHS (0x3ff,255,63), startsector 1, 27262975 sectors, extended partition table (last)

there is no symbolic link or anything...

because of this error i am not able to flash build images on my sdcard and got stuck here.

Please help me why i am getting this error and how to solve it.

Thanks & Regards,

Maneesh

Outcomes