cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW41Z - Enabling Hardware Acceleration

vijayannamalais
Contributor I

Hi all,

We have bought KW41Z hardware. We are trying to port openthread stack in KW41Z. After porting, we found that DTLS was not working. The reason seems to be hardware acceleration is not enabled in KW41Z. We need information on how to enable hardware acceleration in KW41Z for working with openthread.  Do we need to use any tool and enable the hardware accelerator?

Could you please help us? It will be helpful

Thanks,

Vijay

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

the KW41Z already has examples available in openthread, is there a specific reason why you are doing the job by yourself?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

vijayannamalais
Contributor I

Thanks You Estephania for the reply.

We already checked this issue with openthread support form and got to know that hardware acceleration is not enabled in KW41Z. Instead of that, software acceleration is enabled. Pls check this discussion link https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/openthread-users/aLMlSCJIWm4

Could you please point to the openthread example where hardware acceleration is enabled for KW41Z?  If it is not available, please let us know how to enable hardware acceleration in KW41Z for crypto? It will be helpful for us.

Response from openthread forum:

==========================

"

One challenge with the KW41Z example is that crypto is all currently performed in SW, without any hardware acceleration support. As a result, ECC handshake steps can block for up to 30 seconds. During that time, radio communication cannot occur.

The following platforms have ECC hardware acceleration enabled in the example code:
Other hardware platforms may include hardware acceleration as part of vendor-provided SDKs. You may want to check with the vendor directly if you have a preference for specific hardware.
"
Regards,
Vijay
0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have been checking, we do not have examples for what you are trying to enable,  the only available resources for you to use it's that you guide yourself through the explanation in the reference manual on chapter 43.3 AES accelerator (AESA) functionality and the drivers that we provide in the SDK as well, you can check the fsl_ltc.c and fsl_ltc.h

Also,  you can check or use as a base some of the mbeddtls examples in the SDK, still, I believe that those examples work as well by software or can use as a base maybe the KL82 examples of the LTC.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos