AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPCXpresso845MAX VCOM port not enumerating

Question asked by Albert Pion on Jul 8, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2019 by Albert Pion

I am using the LPCXpresso845MAX board Rev A.  I reprogrammed the LPC11U35 using the firmware.bin file downloaded from the NXP site.  After reprogramming I removed the jumper and cycled the power.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 as the host.  I examined the /dev directory looking for the ttyUSB port but it did not show up, even after several minutes.

7/9/2019 Additional Information:

When I power up with JP3 in place a USB drive opens on my desktop and shows the file firmware.bin with a size of 65.5 KB and a modification date of 2/6/2009.  I delete this file and copy the firmware.bin file downloaded from the NXP site, which is 9.2 KB with a modification date of 4/25/2018.  (I've tried to copy using both drag and drop, and via the cp command at the Linux terminal). 

Then I power down the board, and power it back up with the jumper still in place, and it appears that the original file with the same size and creation date are still displayed.  I.e. It appears that the copy was not actually performed.  If I subsequently power down, remove the jumper and power up again, I still do not see the port enumerated in the /dev directory.

What troubleshooting steps do you suggest I try next?

Outcomes