cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build U-Boot argements and boot from initramfs

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

Could anyone give an example of which Yocto configure statements to make an imx6 image in initramfs format and u-boot with arguments such as as bootargs and bootcmd, to boot it from imx6 RAM?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jupiter

seems such configuration is used by Mfg Tool so one can try procedure

described in sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov,

Thanks for your response, did you mean Yocto Guide at Yocto Project Mega-Manual ? That sec 6.2 is for different topic (6.2. Preparing the Build Host). What are variables in Yocto to generate zImage-initramfs? I add following variables to the local.conf:

UBOOT_CONFIG = "ram"
INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE = "1"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ram"
IMAGE_FSTYPES_append = " cpio.xz"

But the images are still not for ramdisk:

$ ls deploy/images/imxevk:

dev-image.rootfs.cpio.xz
u-boot.imx-ram
zImage.bin

The dev-image.rootfs.cpio.xz is a full rootfs including the /boot/zImage, but the zImage is not initramfs or ramdisk formatted, there were errors when I run uuu to download them to the imx6 RAM? What the Yocto configure can generate zImage-initramfs?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Oh, I found it is in the document i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, 01/2018, not the 2019. I know how to use the imx mfg tool, my problem is I stuck to generate zImage-initramfs. Appreciate your advice. Thank you

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

also one can look at suggestions provided on

Yocto initramfs 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos