AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPC55S69 Debuggin in MCUexpresso IDE v11

Question asked by Simon Ott on Jul 4, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2019 by Simon Ott

I installed the new MCUexpresso IDE v11 today together with the SDK v2.6 as it was recommended for TrustZone projects. In fact, there seem to be quite some improvements for these projects.

However, in IDE v10, debugging was not free of errors, but reliable if I followed these steps:

- Set Flash Driver Reset Handling to "SYSRESETREQ" in Launch config

- "Terminate all Debug Sessions" Button (if previously debugged)

- "Clean up Debug" Button

- "Start Debug" Button (the blue one for MCUexpresso projects, not the green default one)

Unfortunately, this does not work any more reliably in v11. I made a clean install of the IDE v11 with a new workspace and tried to debug the unmodified "lpcexpresso55s69_hello_world_s" (and ns) project following the same steps and debugging fails regularly (at least every second or third time).

I read this blog post: Using LPC55S69 SDK Trustzone examples with MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 where the problem is addressed. In the post, it is stated:

"It is possible to program an image into flash that when run prevents further debug operations succeeding" There is also a solution but it requires quite some effort.

My question is, under which circumstances does that happen and how can I avoid it? If I have to set a jumper, press a button, erase the whole flash, disconnect the board, reset the jumper and connect again every single time I want to debug, it really slows down development and testing.

Outcomes