cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power mode switch

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi,

1. using the power mode switch example, i am testing the current difference in the normal and idle mode's, i had observed:

normal mode :90mA

idle mode      :0mA

can i know whether the observed current rating are correct?( i am checking the current values by connecting the multi-meter probes to J36 jumper).

(NOTE: these current ratings are obtained IMXRT1050-EVKB)

2. i am using a customized board which has the IMXRT1052 chip set, when i do the current measurement on the board, the observed values are:

normal mode : 50mA 

idle mode      : 40mA

NOTE: the example of the power mode switch code is used to make the MPU to idle mode.

if the obtained current values are wrong, what should be the exact difference from normal mode to idle mode?

3. in the power switch example, there is a use of vPortPRE_SLEEP_PROCESSING() and vPortPOST_SLEEP_PROCESSING() functionalities, i have called these functionalities directly in my main() to check the currents in idle state.

in the postsleep() there is a check for the this particular register to be NULL, when the execution comes this place, it goes into infinite loop.

/* Wait CCM operation finishes */
while (CCM->CDHIPR != 0)
{
}

NOTE: this above given observation is on the customized board

whether the calling the presleep() and postsleep() is directly is not correct?

when do this presleep() and postsleep() functions will be called and how does RTOS calls this functions?

Thanks,

Maniram

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

hank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Q1) According to the application note: AN12094: I don't think the observed values are correct.
Q2) Whether the calling the presleep() and postsleep() is directly is not correct?
-- In my opinion, it's OK. In the AN12085, it introduces the entering method of FreeRTOS tickless idle mode, please refer to it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for the reply,can i please know,whether the below given comment is for the current ratings observed on the customized board or the evaluation board?

I don't think the observed values are correct.

Thanks,

Maniram 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
I guess you forget to attached the 'below given comment'.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

i was referring to your reply, saying that: "According to the application note: AN12094: I don't think the observed values are correct"

can u please share, whether you have posted this comment with regards to the values shared on the evaluation kit or customized kit?

Thanks,

maniram

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if you can point out what observed value you suspect about, otherwise, I have no idea what to do next.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

1. using the power mode switch example, i am testing the current difference in the normal and idle mode's, i had observed:

normal mode :90mA

idle mode      :0mA

can i know whether the observed current rating are correct?( i am checking the current values by connecting the multi-meter probes to J36 jumper).

(NOTE: these current ratings are obtained IMXRT1050-EVKB)

2. i am using a customized board which has the IMXRT1052 chip set, when i do the current measurement on the board, the observed values are:

normal mode : 50mA 

idle mode      : 40mA

from above current measurements can u tell which of the readings are wrong?

and can u share the correct current reading for the evaluation board?

thanks,

maniram

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tested the current consumption of SOC_IN via using the power_mode_switch demo.
When selecting the Overdrive mode, the current consumption is 71.3 mA (Fig 1), and it can reduce down to 9.31mA after entering the  System Idle mode (Fig 2).

pastedImage_2.jpg

Fig 1

pastedImage_4.png

Fig 2

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos