cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Upgrade demonstration ZB ProStack HA on JN-5169

fedyabogapov
Contributor I

Hello!

I'm working with an OTA Upgrade Cluster and I have a few questions dedicated to this topic. 

1) How does OTA server behave when its configured like a coordinator? Will network be active at the moment of upgrade?

2) I have programmed your app notes for OTA Server on Dev kit4 and configured its like a router, joined to coordinator, and builded app note for OTA client MainPowerOutlet and programmed it. The client is searching for the server is around 7-10 minutes, in spite of, they are both connected to coordinator, and after binding to server, client and server start to exchange some OTA events that are not handled, it lasts about 3-5 minutes, and after this this, finally, image with firmware that is stored in external flash of Dev kit starts to upload on client's internal flash. So the question is how to reduce time of searching and upgrading OTA image? Video of process of upgrading is below. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Fedir

Emdedded Developer

OMO Systems

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

fedyabogapov
Contributor I

I have handled with templates and OTA on 1 hop distance, but the first question still remains, if we could combine coordinator and OTA server, how will perform network during OTA upgrades, does any device could communicate with coordinator during this process?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fedir,

For example, The JN-AN-1216 Control Bridge provides an interface, The ZGWUI also sends a serial command to the Control Bridge to inform the OTA Upgrade cluster of the loaded binary. The OTA header information is sent, which is loaded into the OTA Upgrade server. This means that when a remote device sends an image request to the server, the Control Bridge will be able to reply indicating that there is an image available.

So, in this case, the device is waiting for the new image, and the coordinator has the device information in the routing tables.

does any device could communicate with the coordinator during this process?

Yes, you could communicate, However, the coordinator is sending the link status.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

fedyabogapov
Contributor I

I have issue with OTA Upgrade for second device with same firmware, as first. And second OTA client simply does not connect to OTA server after, it has upgraded first device. How I could solve this issue? And also, how to configure OTA upgrade for 2 and more simultaneous devices? Thanks in advance.

That, what second OTA client outputs in terminal after its reboot and after first device been upgraded

otA CLIENT 2 clients error.png

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fedir,

I have issue with OTA Upgrade for second device with the same firmware, as first.

I am no sure if I am getting your issue.

-Your Zigbee Network has 3 devices, coordinator and end devices(support OTA update)

-You updated the first device, and it works.

-Then, you try to update the second device, and it fails.

Is this the process that you are trying to do?

how to configure OTA upgrade for 2 and more simultaneous devices? 

You have to options

-Broadcast

-Create a group with the devices and update.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

fedyabogapov
Contributor I

yes, i have 2 routers ota clients and ota server and coordinator, when first router finished upgrading, there is no upgrading of second device. may be its problem with verification of upgrade, because second device after this does not get IEEE adress of ota server for further upgrade

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fedir,

You are working with the same example, aren't you?

Could you please add the next code in the     tsOTA_ImageVersionVerify sImageNotifyVeriry?

OTA_ClientUpgradeManager.c

tsOTA_ImageVersionVerify sImageNotifyVeriry;
                psOTA_Common->sOTACallBackMessage.uMessage.sImageVersionVerify.u32CurrentImageVersion = sOTAHeader.u32FileVersion;                                                
                psOTA_Common->sOTACallBackMessage.uMessage.sImageVersionVerify.u32NotifiedImageVersion = sImageNotifyVeriry.u32NotifiedImageVersion;

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fedir,

Just to confirm, are you working on the JN-AN-1189 HA example? Are you trying the OTA upgrade with the MainPowerOutlet?

What is the coordinator that you are using? The example that is included in the JN-AN-1184.

Did you try with the JN-AN-1223?

Do you have the sniffer log?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos