Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBD Toolbox for S32K License Error: -88

Jump to solution
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hello:

For a new computer, MBD Toolbox for S32K was installed in the environment of matlab2018b. There was a License Error: -88.  Regenerating the License cannot be solved either

May I ask what Error -88 means?

Best Regards!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuqimin‌,

We are using the FLEX LM tools for licensing checking. The list of FLEX LM codes can be found here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Common-FlexNet-error-cod...

LM_BADSYSDATE  might be issued when:

- the host PC system date/time is wrong (set in the past or future)

- there are files save on your PC that migth have a wrong date (from past of future)

The FLEX LM is looking for all sort of hints to check if you try to trick the PC time, including older logs that might indicate you have tempered the PC time.

Please run a file search based on files creation date/time (future or past). If you find such files you need to remove them from your system.

Best regards,
Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi Razvan.

Thank you for your information!
  Does this system clock refer to the local system clock?My local system clock has not been modified.
  Do you know what is the relationship between the system clock and the license?

Best regards!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuqimin‌,

We are using the FLEX LM tools for licensing checking. The list of FLEX LM codes can be found here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Common-FlexNet-error-cod...

LM_BADSYSDATE  might be issued when:

- the host PC system date/time is wrong (set in the past or future)

- there are files save on your PC that migth have a wrong date (from past of future)

The FLEX LM is looking for all sort of hints to check if you try to trick the PC time, including older logs that might indicate you have tempered the PC time.

Please run a file search based on files creation date/time (future or past). If you find such files you need to remove them from your system.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello liuqimin‌,

I'm not sure, but my guess would be that it refers to the system clock of the machine on which the license checker resides (in other words, where you have the toolbox installed). I'm not sure how the backend of the license manager works - I do not have access to it, so I'm afraid I can't be of help on this matter. Could you try and synchronize the system clock automatically? Maybe this would work.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello liuqimin‌,

Error 88 means the following:

LM_BADSYSDATE -- System clock has been set back.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos