AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMX8M error building uboot for emmc with Yocto

Question asked by Clement Name on Jun 27, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2019 by Shivani Patel

Hello,

I'm working with the IMX8M Mini EVK.

I followed the manual "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, Rev. L4.14.98-2.0.0_ga" to download and build the Yocto distribution for the board and I was able to get a Linux image working when booting from SDCard.

Now I want to boot from the eMMC. I followed the manual to rebuild uboot for eMMC and I edited local.conf by adding this line at the end : "UBOOT_CONFIG = "emmc"".

When I launch a build with that new config I end up with an error message:

Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| 8MQ/8MM boot binary build
[...]
| cp: cannot stat '/space/home/username/projects/imx8evk_build/tmp/deploy/images/imx8mmevk/u-boot-spl.bin-imx8mmevk-emmc': No such file or directory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /space/home/username/projects/imx8evk_build/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/imx-boot/0.2-r0/temp/log.do_compile.6240)
ERROR: Task (/space/home/username/projects/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/imx-mkimage/imx-boot_0.2.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3056 tasks of which 5 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Do you know what could be causing this issue ?

For infos I'm using this config:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b imx8evk_build

And for building I'm using:

bitbake core-image-base

Thank you

Outcomes